|INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden) represented at EASF by the Nordic Advisory and Coordination Staff (NACS) in partnership with the British Peace Support Team – East Africa (BPST-EA) under the United Kingdom (UK) intend to procure equipment and related services towards the establishment of Command Control Communication and Information Systems (C3IS) for the Eastern African Standby Force (EASF).
The main objective of the Project is to implement a regional C3IS that will enable the EASF to rapidly deploy Strategic, Operational and some tactical level Communication, Command and Control Capabilities for its assigned Peace Support Operations (PSO) mandated assignments. This shall entail provision of required communications between the EASF Secretariat Headquarters (located in Nairobi, Kenya), rear Force Headquarters and Logistics Base (located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) and the forces deployed in a mission area (Forward Force Headquarters and Subordinate Unit Headquarters).
The service provider will be expected to carry out all but not limited to the following:
- Establish a Satellite Communications Network (supporting data, voice and video services) that comprises a hub at the EASF Secretariat and remote VSAT sites that include:
- Rear Force Headquarters and Logistics Base (located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
- Forces deployed in an exercise area or mission area (Forward Force Headquarters and Subordinate Unit Headquarters)
- Deliver fully integrated fixed or mobile deployable communication systems for operational/tactical level communication in a field mission covering Mission HQ, Force HQ and Sector.
- IT/Computing equipment supply, installation, configuration and training.
- Carry out Any other relevant trainings for users, technical and operational staff.
- Project design and engineering
- Post implementation aspects such as support, maintenance etc.
Interested Firms Shall be required to submit the following details in addition to other details attached herein:
- Detailed company profile,
- List of verifiable previous experiences of similar study within the last three years,
- Copies of registration certificates and business licenses,
- Audited Financial Statement for the past three years
Interested firms are required to submit the proposals not later than 27th February 2017 at 1000hrs (EAT).
The submission shall be received at the following addresses:
The Detailed evaluation criteria for shortlisting of interested firms to undertake the project on procurement of equipment and related services towards the establishment of Command Control Communication and Information Systems (C3IS) for the Eastern African Standby Force (EASF) can be downloaded here->
NACS Offices (Located at the EASF Secretariat - next to Defence Staff College)
Westwood Park Road
P.O. Box 1444 – 00502,
Telephone: +254 020 884720
Telefax: +254 020 884696
In addition, upon download of the required documents, the interested firm shall be required to confirm the same by sending mail to the following contact address:
Col Joern Rasmussen
NACS Technical Advisor – Land Forces
This is to enable the procuring entity to contact you in the event of any modifications of the terms of the EOI or any other information deemed relevant for your knowledge on the requirements of the project.